- Introducing Dynamic Search Ads Beta – Let Google serve and generate ads for relevant queries based on your Website content.
- Introducing Bid-per-call in AdWords – Now you can set specific bids for phone extensions (currently a flat $1).
- Taking your adCenter Campaigns to the Next Level With Content Ads – Text only, still, but don’t forget that content advertising is an option with adCenter.
- 25 Tips for Giving Your PPC Campaigns a Boost – Your obligatory top 5/10/25 best practices list for the week!
- Recognizing Publishers’ Standout Content in Google News – A new tag allows publishers to mark key pieces content as “standout” in order to increase visibility on the Google News home page.
- Google Kills the “+” Search Operator – In a move Google says makes it easier to find specific exact match search queries, users will no longer be able to specify and exact match keyword with the + operator, instead using quotation on the the word. So instead of search for magazines +sports, you would now type magazine “sports”.
- Brand Karma Now Free for Hoteliers – Brand Karma Express Edition enables hoteliers to monitor, analyze, and act on social media with industry-leading sentiment analysis and reputation management.
- Event Blogging as a Link Building Technique – Blogging about events can be an effective way to increase your inbound links, but don’t limit yourself to solely blogging during the event. Pre-event teasers and post-event recaps can be a great way to stand out from the crowd.
- Check My Links Chrome Extension – A Link Builders dream. Step up your link building game by using the Check My Links extension for Chrome, a fast, easy-to-use tool to help you get high quality links at a fraction of the normal effort.
- 17 Twitter Marketing Tips From the Pros – Quick read for new tweeters.
- Social Consumers and the Science of Sharing [INFOGRAPHIC] – Breaks down how much influence earned media, owned media, and search deliver for a variety of channels.
- Facebook Testing Credits for Websites – In a developer blog update, Facebook announced that it started a limited, closed test for websites to integrate Facebook Credits on their own sites. Eventually, it could be open to all sites selling virtual goods or digital media with Facebook earning 30% on all sales.
- Google+ To Integrate with Blogger – It appears that Google is slowly replacing Google Friend Connect with Google+, making Blogger sites more socially connected and functional.
Local Search Engine Optimization
- Google Places Adds a Range of UGC Features – Over the past week or so a number of new features have cropped up Places Pages that solicit user input in an effort to improve the quality of Places results.
- Online Retailers Preparing Promotion-Heavy Holiday Season – 92.5% of surveyed retailers offering free shipping promotions (up 85% compared to last year) and promotions are starting earlier than ever before, 53% of retailers plan to start holiday promotions by Halloween.
- 4 Tips for Promoting Content Marketing to the C-Suite – Ideas on how to get additional marketing budget to support your inbound marketing campaigns, including using what your competition is doing as motivation.
- 5 Action Steps to Take in B2B Reputation Management – Worried about your brand’s reputation online? Read these great tips on how to manage it, including using PPC ads to counter negative sentiment and creating pages on your website addressing negative comments that are optimized to rank.
- SEO for Web Devs – A list of tactics a web developer can utilize to handle their end of Optimization for a site.
- Testimonial Design – A look at different websites incorporation of testimonials throughout the web.
- As learning goes mobile [SLIDES & VIDEO] – Nice set of summarized stats from Pew on the current mobile landscape. One favorite: 17% of American adult cell phone owners have admitted to bumping into another person or object while talking or texting on their phones.
- Mobile in the Context of Historical New Technology Adoption: