Why & How You Should Harness the Power of Video Contentby Anvil on March 22, 2017Facebook
Let me start off by throwing out a stat. Cisco Projects stated that “video will make up 80% of all internet traffic by 2019.” Now combine that with a 2015 survey done by Animoto determining 4 out of 5 consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
As I’m sure you’ve heard for the past year or so, and especially going into 2017, “This is the year of the video,” and it’s no surprise that video content is steadily rising. With platforms such as Facebook and Instagram showing they favor video content, we know where brands need to focus this year.
The question most brands face is what kind of videos should I make? Some ideas include:
- Featuring new products.
- Product demos; Seeing a product in action can be pretty effective as “seeing is believing.”
- Repurposing user-generated content; Searching Branded hashtags for users who have created videos already about them using your product or service.
- Client Testimonials; Get your raving fans on film to help provide more credibility.
- Campaign specific; Are you running a campaign? Why not help tell your customers what you want them to do with a video?
- Share your story; Share a success story, whether it be your own or a client’s that has changed due to your brand.
- Get creative; Utilize existing content or plug into content that is already around.
- Follow Taco Bells footsteps and see how they plugged into the “Draw My Life” craze by drawing out their story and plugging into the hashtag #DrawMyLife
Cool, so now you know what kind of videos to create. Where do you post them?
You have so many options! Do you advertise your video or go organic? Now that’s really up to you. While plenty of social platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and even Pinterest offer video ads as an option, you’ll have to see what really is best for you (New product launch, Campaigns, Sharing your story).
Now if you’re looking to keep costs down and leverage your social network to do your dirty work, be sure to use the following tactics:
- Be sure to use SEO best practices when posting videos: Utilize keywords.
- Post videos natively on the platform: Facebook favors videos hosted directly on Facebook over YouTube.
- Use relevant hashtags when possible.
- Use your platforms wisely: Dependent on your message and who your demographic is, you may choose to use Pinterest over Twitter or venture out to Instagram.
Remember these tips when you’re getting ready to create your own videos:
- Keep it short: Short and sweet is the recipe to follow when creating videos specific for social media
- Keep is simple: Don’t overthink it, keep your video linear. Think #WhiteboardFriday
- Provide a call to action: Tell us what to do after we watch the video, whether it’s visiting your site, going to your YouTube channel to watch more videos, giving you a call, etc.
Now get out there and start making some great videos!
If you have any questions or don’t know where to get started, send us an email.