Anvil is a boutique integrated marketing agency in Portland, Oregon and we are seeking a talented, experienced, and passionate part time Bookkeeper.
Your role is to ensure the back office is running smoothly and to oversee administrative support by assisting with financial and operational related functions.
Requirements for Position: Minimum 2 years of proven bookkeeping, accounting, or office management experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficient with QuickBooks accounting platform
- Must be comfortable reviewing and analyzing financial statements and related company data and providing insights, when requested
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, procedures
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Drive/Suite
- Must be highly organized and process-oriented with attention to detail and able to problem solve and work independently
- Should be comfortable communicating regularly with employees, clients, vendors and partners
- Should be comfortable promoting company culture, supporting and advancing the company’s purpose, core values
- To work with the Account & Management teams to develop, organize and coordinate the financial processes and procedures of the company
- Prepare financial reports
- To oversee all operational and financial day-to-day activities
- To regularly delight and elevate Anvil employees, clients and partners
Essential Functions – Operational & Financial
- Prepare, submit and report monthly company payroll
- Prepare, submit and report monthly 401(k) contributions
- Work with the Account Team to create, distribute and track all client invoices and payments
- Develop, prepare and review all financial records and transactions for the business (invoices, checks, receipts, bank accounts, credit card accounts and financial reports)
- Prepare all financial reports and monthly dashboard; analyze data to provide insights and recommendations that will result in greater profitability and create projections based on information for future business decisions
- Reconcile and balance all financial accounts; compile reports to show statistics: weekly accounts receivable report, weekly accounts payable report, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business
- Prepare and manage company long and short-term financial projections in collaboration with the President and other members of the team
- Work with CPA on a quarterly and year-end basis to create tax documents for IRS, ADP and other reporting agencies
We offer competitive compensation packages including healthcare benefits, matching 401k savings plan, professional development budget and more. Let’s not forget the regular happy hours, field trips and team building activities. The Bookkeeper will report to the President.
To be considered, please email cover letter, salary requirements, and resume. Anvil Media is an equal opportunity employer. No calls please.