- +1 Button to Start Showing on Display Ads Today – Following up on the item from a couple weeks ago, AdWords display ads will now be including +1 counts and friends’ recommendations.
- Does Poor Grammar Hurt Your SEO? – According to Matt Cutts, it just might. Google’s top spam cop made the correlation between low PageRank and poor spelling in a Google Webmaster Help video just made public today.
- Comparison of the Top 3 Search Engines – From trended market share to CEO compensation, an interesting look at the internet’s major search engines.
- Best Social Media Metrics: Conversation, Amplification, Applause, Economic Value – The latest from Avinash: See the newest ways to think about measuring social media, and why these are actually very difficult in practice.
- Webtrends HoverStats for Facebook – Download the free chrome extension to see page metrics for any Facebook page that you admin.
- Where’s Your Share Button? – Sites with share button are mentioned more and perform better in SEO.
- How to Estimate Your Social Media ROI – Three step process on how to estimate how your current social programs are affecting your bottom line.
Local Search Engine Optimization
- Google Places International Category Tool Now Available – Did you know that the Google category synonym “all you can eat” is associated with Chinese & Japanese restaurants in the US but only with Japanese restaurants in Australia? That and other amazing facts can be gleaned from a recent upgrade adding international categories to our Google Places Category Tool
- A Free Tool to Build GEO Sitemap and Schema.org Compliant Files – There are two simple ways of telling Google and the other search engines where your business is located via your website. One is to create a KML file and an attendant geo-sitemap. The other is to provide your full business contact information in rich snippet format on the site. Now there is a way to easily do both with one simple creation tool from Michael Borgelt of 51Blocks.
- What Role Will Mobile Play This Holiday Season – Interesting article speaking to the buying behavior of mobile shoppers this holiday season. 46% of smartphone/tablet users plan to make a holiday purchase this year, of that 60% of smartphone/tablet shoppers will be making purchases from home, not on the go (couch commerce).
- Hosting Packages Explained – Information about different hosting options and terms that can help you make the right decision for your company.
- Web Browser Grand Prix – Benchmark results of all our favorite browsers in many different tests.
- Real Life Landing Page Stories – Using Liveball’s advanced rules to create if/then logic landing page behavior for custom experiences