We’re a little swamped with end-of-month reports and high priority client projects (and getting geared up for this afternoon’s Cinco de Mayo party downstairs at Formic), so the week in search is just a little thin this week…hopefully you’ll forgive us!
- Remarketing Delivers Better Ads, Better Performance / + Webinar – Google reviews their 1st year of remarketing campaigns, and offers a webinar covering the basics.
- SEO Consultants: Stop Comparing SEO and PPC – PPC and SEO often get treated as 2 sides of the same coin, but this article argues PPC should be treated as advertising, and SEO as marketing.
- Google’s Panda Update Hit NYT Owned About.com – CEO Janet Robinson said that About.com “experienced a moderately negative impact on page views from the algorithm changes Google implemented in the quarter.”
- On Yahoo, Teens Ask “Who Is Osama Bin Laden?” – According to Yahoo two thirds of those searching for an answer to that question were teenagers.
- Translate Your Drupal Site into Multiple Languages with Lingotek – Lingotek can be embedded directly into Drupal through a set of APIs, which will give Drupal community members access to unlimited language translations.
- How to track page load time in Google Analytics – All it takes is one small piece of code added to your existing GA script and page load time will populate in GA reports. Quickly see how page load time might impact bounce rates.
- You Vs. Data: When to Stop Optimizing and Start Thinking – At some point the numbers don’t matter: Top 4 things to also take into consideration: Brand Values, Aesthetic, Corporate values & Staff Retention
- Link Building Lessons From Improv Comedy – Learn some important link building lessons from improv comedy, including taking suggestions from the crowd and knowing when it’s time to move on
- How To Build Links With Images – Using cost-effective photography production and provding simple linking instructions can help you get deep inbound links
- Effectively Link Development Using Blog Commenting – Forget what you know about blog commenting and analyzing wheether they are follow/no-follow, and focus on these techniques to get high quality inbound traffic
Local Search Engine Optimization
- 6 Key Takeaways From the Local Search Association’s Conference “Search Starts Here” – From daily deals to mobile to print business directories – what you should be paying attention to when it comes to local.
- Which Test Won? – Which Product Page Got 27.3% More Online Tile Purchases – Multiple vs. Single Benefit?
- The Daily Deals Bandwagon Dissected [INFOGRAPHIC] – A cheat sheet on how LivingSocial, Groupon, Facebook Deals and Google Offers work, including how much revenue these companies are making and how many users each one has.
- Integrated Advertising – The forecast for the future: Ads will no longer be separated from your content, get ready to integrate!
- Stipple – A relatively new start up that will allow you to tag virtually anything within photos ie. friends, products, photographers, links, etc.
- Auto Suggest, Mobile and Tap Ahead – Introducing Tap-Ahead, a new design pattern to simplify and revolutionize auto suggest for mobile phones.
- Visa backs Twitter co-founder’s mobile venture – Visa has thrown its weight behind square, a two-year-old service that helps businesses and consumers pay with credit cards on a mobile phone or tablets.
- Bing to become the search and map default on RIM – Microsoft has decided to partner with another struggling mobile phone manufacturer and provide search and map service.
- AT&T Launching Groupon Competitor – Deals will start with emailing customers, but will eventually be sent to mobile phones directly.