Your role is to ensure on a daily basis that client accounts are receiving world-class service and strategy. You do this by maintaining effective relationships with all clients and by overseeing research, project and ongoing client work, participating in planning and driving strategy. You will work closely with the Director of Data Insights to develop strategy and services and with digital strategists and specialists to ensure they execute those strategies and services.
Requirements for Position
- 5 years of marketing advertising agency experience on professional marketing accounts
- 3 years of related managerial experience in an agency setting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and lead detailed, effective and innovative digital marketing services, with a working knowledge of agency’s integrated services
- Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s unique and complex business dynamics and provide solutions and strategies that address their needs. This is demonstrated through previous client work or business experience. Must be able to speak confidently to all client contacts, from C-Level down, about all Anvil services and solutions, explaining benefits in the context of a client’s business.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage team of account executives, strategists, and specialists
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly organize, prioritize and manage needs of account team and agency clients and partners
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Superior analysis, writing, communication and presentation skills
Account Director Key Objectives & Metrics
- 100% client retention
- 20% net revenue growth of existing client accounts
- 100% team retention
- Delivering delight and elevation across the entire client roster via the account team
- 100% professional development of employees
Client Service: Delight & Elevate (60%)
- Active involvement in key client accounts. Billable time consists primarily of client meetings, time spent to develop the client relationship, document, and service review and general account oversight and administration.
- Responsible, along with account team, for maximizing client retention and growth (Metrics: 100% retention target, 20% net revenue growth target).
- Works closely with the account team to ensure client happiness is maximized and relationships are being developed. The account team is primarily responsible for managing the account on a day to day basis (identifying delight and elevate opportunities), though the AD is involved at a higher level, maintaining high-value client relationships through a variety of efforts including, but not limited to:
- Establishing a solid foundation from the kickoff meeting through ongoing client management
- Maintaining a personal line of communication with the client, acting as the agency’s representative in the form of:
- Connecting clients with marketing opportunities
- Connecting clients with strategic partners
- Touching base with key contacts about business level opportunities
- Surveying client service & happiness
- Scheduling and attending quarterly lunch or happy hour meetings with local tier 1 & 2 clients
- Attending Client Strategy Meetings (Quarterly for top tier, strategic clients), as led by account team.
- Works closely with the team to ensure all service and upsell opportunities are fully developed through team management and interaction.
Team Management & Growth (20%)
- Connects & deploys account team on all new and existing client projects
- Collaborates with the Executive Team to ensure account teams’ talents and unique abilities are properly leveraged within the agency’s structure, the delivery of services as well as matching client needs and personalities.
- Responsible for guiding the account team’s professional development (including utilization of professional development budget to attend conferences and events) and the creation of actionable individual development plans (IDPs) that help each team member grow within the company and as experts within the industry. (Metrics: account team completes 100% of their IDP goals)
- Provides overall account team support both personally and professionally and serves as the team’s daily go-to resource for needs, wins and stucks.
- Conducts account team annual reviews and provides recommendations regarding compensation with feedback from the Executive Team, as well as participation from the Executive Team as needed.
Agency Management (10%)
- Works with the Executive Team in creating, communicating, and implementing Anvil’s vision, mission, and overall strategic direction.
- Works directly with the Operations Manager to ensure business intelligence is accurate and being leveraged appropriately, such as:
- Ensures capacity and revenue projections are accurate
- Manages the team to 100% capacity utilization, including strategic, non-billable activities
- Ensures monthly invoicing and time entry across all clients are accurate
- Supports agency hiring, partnering with the Executive Team on making key decisions.
- The AD is a supervisory position and responsible for performance coaching of the account team regarding effective service delivery and representation of the agency to clients, partners and peers.
Sales & Business Development (5%)
- Supports President and Vice President with sales and business development efforts by leading select prospects and proposals from start to finish, providing feedback on proposals and attending select meetings, as needed.
- Generates leads through speaking, writing, and networking.
Marketing, Industry Leadership & Professional Development (5%)
- Works with President and Vice President to execute select marketing efforts and to deploy efforts to account team, as needed.
- Provides insights into industry issues by contributing to Anvil’s blog and industry publications.
- Speaks on behalf of Anvil at industry conferences or other events.
- Attends industry conferences and networking events.
How to Apply
To be considered, please reply with cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.