5 Steps to Trend on Twitter: #GIFDANCEOFFby Anvil on May 17, 2016hashtag
On Friday, May 6th, Anvil Media started a #GIFDANCEOFF on Twitter that lasted 1.5 hours. From the inception of the idea on May 4th through the kickoff off of the dance off, engagement soared and we trended on Twitter for 5 hours. The amount of impressions, likes, and organic traffic was impressive as well as the influencers in the community that participated. If you are looking to trend on Twitter and have fun engaging your team and the community, here are the steps we suggest you take:
Step 1: The Ideation
The popularity of GIFs on the social network is unrivaled. From dance moves to sloths, Giphy has you covered, and now it’s easier than ever to make your own. Twitter claims that people shared over 100 million GIFs in tweets and direct messages in 2015 alone. Anvil was inspired by the idea after seeing the popularity in fast-paced Twitter Chats.
Step 2: The Planning
The dance-off itself was planned off the cuff, and Anvil had one day to gather the team to plan and film dance moves after making the announcement. Our team then created original GIFs. We invited a few key influences including Moz, Buffer, Hootsuite, and SproutSocial to participate.
You must of missed these @jennita @PDXAdman @juliabreathes @buffer @hootsuite @Moz @SproutSocial #gifdanceoff pic.twitter.com/XwpbBdy0SJ
— Anvil (@anvilmedia) May 6, 2016
Step 3: The Delivery
- 56 users used #GIFDANCEOFF between May 4th and May 6th.
- Another 549 users participated with #DANCEOFF sending 697 posts with a potential 25,901,123 impressions.
- Top influencers: @ariellemargot @hootsuite @jennita @pdxAdman @amandanhummel @mjfears @sproutsocial @buffer @thedarcypeters @moz @juliabreathes @Troy_Sandidge
Step 4: The Results
- #GIFDANCEOFF earned 16,056,357 impressions in 1 day.
- 56,180 organic impressions on @AnvilMedia tweets.
- 1,673 engagements with @AnvilMedia
- 494 mentions
- 105 replies
- 361 likes
- 1,571 profile visits to @AnvilMedia
Step 5: The Impact
- All around engagement was a complete success.
- Trended on Twitter for 5 hours following the completion of the #GIFDANCEOFF
- Tons of fun for Anvil team members and the entire community involved.
Stay tuned for round two coming soon, and thanks to everyone involved in the first one. Here are some of our favorite tweets from #GIFDANCEOFF.
@SproutSocial @PDXAdman @anvilmedia @juliabreathes @buffer @hootsuite @Moz LAST? should be all of them! #gifdanceoff pic.twitter.com/s6Ou8SrVjJ
— Jennifer Sable Lopez (@jennita) May 6, 2016
@anvilmedia We’ve got our team in on the #GIFDanceOff too! Thanks for organizing this 😊 pic.twitter.com/epxseWtd4h
— Hootsuite (@hootsuite) May 6, 2016
@jennita Saved the best for last! @PDXAdman @anvilmedia @juliabreathes @buffer @hootsuite @Moz #gifdanceoff pic.twitter.com/TmmahSYR5f
— Sprout Social (@SproutSocial) May 6, 2016