In case you missed this morning’s webinar on Advanced Analytics, I’ve provided some notes on the latest and greatest within Google Analytics. And if you did attend, I’ve also included the list of resources found at the end of the presentation!
- Start with identifying the goals for your site based on what really matters for your business. If you don’t know what your goals are, you can’t be expected to measure them.
- Determine the best ways to track all of those critical metrics. Do you need to implement call tracking? How about analytics for your mobile app?
- Look past vanity metrics and focus on actionable data. Pageviews and time on site sound nice, but what decisions can you make with that data on its own? Look for metrics that give you insight into changes you can make like per visit value and funnel report analysis.
- Segment! Make sure to look at your data by individual traffic sources, keywords, devices and more. Traffic in aggregate can’t get you very far.
- Give credit where credit is due. Look into your current method of attributing credit for conversion actions and decide if that makes the most sense for your business. The goal here is to maximize ROI for your marketing campaigns.
- Keep trying to measure social – it continues to evolve. The new social reports in Google Analytics are making strides towards a better understanding of how social properties have influenced your site visitors.
And for a recording of today’s webinar, you can watch it again here: Anvil’s Advanced Analytics Webinar