Online Reputation Predictions for 2008by Anvil on December 31, 2007Online Reputation Management
What will happen to Britney’s good name in 2008 that hasn’t already happened in 2007? What is in store for Barack and Hillary this coming November?
- 2008 will be the year that Online Reputation Management and Monitoring goes mainstream like SEM did in early 2000.
- Will this be the year that press clipping services like Burrelles are replaced with more interactive services like BuzzLogic, BuzzMetrics, and Custom Scoop? We think so.
- We’ll be ready when a celebrity’s representative calls us. We are willing to help you, Ms. Winehouse.
- The secret code to getting local listings on Google will be cracked and advertisers will be able to manage those results
- Privacy will be an even bigger issue – think Facebook
- The term “link bait” will be added to Webster’s
- Social media will drastically alter how individuals and companies manage their reputation, and service providers that get in with a decent product will stand to win big.
- Traditional PR firms that successfully integrate search engine marketing tactics with PR strategies will be around after 2008, the rest will be out of business in the next 5 years.
- New revenue channels will evolve from interest in reputation management, including advertising, software and services.
- A new corporate position will be created in 2008: Say hello to your new Online Reputation Manager.