How to Optimize Your Audio Marketingby Meg Riley on November 13, 2020Campaign Goals
The first quarter of 2021 is just around the corner and everyone in marketing is already starting their Q1 media planning. What are some ideas your team are brainstorming? As you consider your options, you might want to add audio marketing to that list. Audio marketing was on the rise in 2020 and only continues to shine as it gains a higher audience going into the new year.
What is Audio Marketing?
Audio marketing is content that is audio-based, such as podcasts, webcasts, and videos. It can be used to reach your audience through voice search, voice-enabled advertising, and social media platforms like Vimeo and YouTube.
Why do we recommend audio marketing?
As you start your 2021 media planning, you’ll want to take into account 2020 marketing trends and the change in consumer behavior that stemmed from the pandemic year. Studies have shown that 43% of the U.S. are audio listeners, including listenership for podcasts, news, sports, audiobooks, and videos. If you want to reach an audience with your messaging, audio marketing makes a big impact.
What are the benefits of audio marketing?
There are so many benefits to audio marketing, mainly focused on the low cost and effectiveness. Here’s why you should consider audio marketing for your 2021 strategy:
- Easy to track the metrics you’re interested in seeing monthly.
- Low cost, massive potential for listenership.
- Easy to gain impressions, as the audience is already listening to the content so you’re not pushing them to go anywhere through the sales funnel and listeners respond to messages in a conversational, more human voice.
How do you optimize the YouTube content for search?
If you decide to host podcasts and webinars on YouTube, you’ll want to ensure your content is discoverable in organic search, to gain more traffic to your videos as well as your website. Here are a few easy tips to help you accomplish that:
- Perform keyword research, to find out what users are searching in the YouTube search bar.
- Search “Most Popular” videos in the drop-down menu of videos in your niche, to learn from what those users did to rank so high.
- Add keyword-rich titles, descriptions, and tags to your videos.
Leverage the new, expanded audience invested in audio marketing! Your competitors have probably already considered this route as an option, and are utilizing the organic search capabilities of audio marketing on YouTube. For help with organic search visibility or content recommendations, contact Anvil today!