The good folks at Marketing Pilgrim have stumbled upon a Google Mashup on The Huffington Post that tracks political donations by address, city, last name, first name, occupation, and employer. Warning: FundRace 2008 is addictive!
How does this relate to SEO or ORM? Yeah, it’s a stretch, but what about if you don’t want people to know who you are supporting? Then that’s an online reputation issue. More importantly who are the big 3 engines supporting? Democrats. And how much are they donating? Microsoft leads the way with $166,420, Google at $141,963, and Yahoo trailing behind with a measly $14k.
Notable donations include:
- $6,900 from Ben Stiller to Hillary
- $6,900 from the Hef, $4,600 to Hillary and $2,300 to Barack
- $4,600 to Hillary with love from Martha
- $4,600 from Chevy Chase to Hillary
- $2,300 from Oprah to Barack (she can’t afford $4,600?)
- Missing from the list: Leonardo & Kayne just to name two