Martin Hospitality manages 4 properties on the Oregon Coast in Cannon Beach, including 2 oceanfront hotels and 2 restaurants. Like many coastal businesses, these properties experience a slow season from October to April. Martin Hospitality wanted to develop and implement a social media strategy that would help to maintain reservations and traffic in the off-season.
Anvil worked to discover types of content that would generate the most engagement with social fans and consumers. Throughout 2015 and leading in 2016, Anvil restructured outbound posts to focus not only on branded content (driving back to property websites,) but also non-branded and user-generated content that offered value, showed fan appreciation and provided entertainment for past, present and future guests.
Year over Year Results:
- Across all properties, overall organic Facebook impressions increased 86.7% YOY (Year over Year).
- Across all properties, overall organic Twitter impressions increased 162% YOY.
- Across all properties, Martin’s social network referral Facebook traffic increased on average by 50.5% YOY.
- Across all properties, Facebook fans increased 22% YOY and average engagements increased 27% YOY.
- Across all properties, Twitter followers increased 294% YOY and engagement increased 267% YOY.
*Results achieved without the use of ongoing social paid media support.