Like it or not Facebook is making timeline happen – for you and your brand. Last week Facebook announced that all brand pages will be switched over to the timeline format March 30th. But don’t fret too much because that leaves you with most of March to set up your brand timeline before the big unveiling.
To help you on your way here are Anvil’s top 5 tips for timeline:
- Use a high quality image for the cover photo. Nothing looks worse than huge pixels all over the place.
- No calls to action in the cover photo. That includes purchase info, contact info, requests for “likes”, etc.
- “Pin” posts that you want to keep at the top of the timeline for one week, which is a great location for promotions or contests.
- Star posts that you want to enlarge, making them span across the width of the timeline instead of just along one side. Keep this feature only for your best posts.
- Go back and fill in your timeline with important dates in the company’s history, not just was has happened since your brand got on Facebook.