- Google To Begin Reviewing Paused Ads In AdWords – Starting September 6, AdWords advertisers can get ads through the Google approval process even if they’re immediately paused after creation. Google is beginning a new practice worldwide under which it will review paused AdWords ads, as well as active ones.
- Google Now Showing Three-Line Ad Sitelinks – AdWords ads are now displaying with three lines of sitelinks, and Google has updated its help documents to indicate that “up to six” and “three-line” Ad Sitelinks are now being displayed. Previously, Ad Sitelinks were only displayed in one-line, two-line and embedded formats.
- Google Now Showing Top of Page Bid Estimates – For better or worse, find out what it will actually cost to rank #1! Found under Customize Columns in AdWords, not yet available in Editor.
- New: Google Classifies Subdomains As Internal Links Within Webmaster Tools – Google has changed the way they handle reporting links within Google Webmaster Tools. Instead of considering subdomain links as external links, they are now considered internal links.
- PDFs in Google Search Results – This post from the Google Webmaster Central blog can help asnwer all your questions about how PDFs can be indexed and found in search results.
- 5 Small Tips to Find Big SEO Problems – Anvil’s Rachel Andersen highlights a few tips to help uncover potentially significant SEO issues.
- Multi-Channel Funnel Data Updated – Google Analytics has updated conversion data for multi-channel funnels going back to January 2011.
- Social Media Analytics – The top social media analytics tools released this year (so far…).
- Adobe/Omniture releases Keyword performance predictive analytics – Captures the actual performance of each keyword in every one of the customer’s paid search campaigns and then leverages an algorithm to predict keyword performance and generate bids
- 52 Types of Blog Posts That Are Proven To Work – Looking for some blog post ideas that will act as good link bait. This extensive list of different types of blog posts that can get you attention should do the trick.
- LinkedIn Now Lets You Include Volunteer Experience in Your Profile – The section will let users highlight and showcase your unpaid or charitable work experience. Research has shown that hiring managers do make decisions based on volunteer work experience. If you operate a non-profit be sure that your company has a profile so that volunteers can get the proper association to your organization.
Local Search Engine Optimization
- Closed, Says Google, But Shops Signs Say Open – Malicious store closing have made it to the New York Times, Google working to resolve issue.
- New Bug On Google Places – The well-known “We currently do not support the location” status is back in action.
- 4 Tips For Success With Seasonal, Local SEO – As you are considering your SEO efforts, you should be thinking about the seasonality of your business as well as how it effects how your local customers use search. Spreadsheet of Seasonal Keywords.
- A Facelift for Amazon – Amazon’s redesign highlights internal search, features digital related products, has updated the homepage navigation and includes more white-space. The focus on the search functionally coincides with the suspected goal to be the ultimate e-commerce search engine for customers.
- Before or After the Form? Balancing Lead Generation & SEO Strategy – If you put all of your content behind forms, what’s left for optimization? This is a great article that outlines options for B2B SEOs to utilize behind-the-form content. Tactics include utilizing snippets or previews, or putting high keyword value content on the site while keeping all else behind forms.
- 6 Tactics for Increasing Site Traffic & Improving Content – Article outlining how to avoid common B2B content pitfalls, including using customer language instead of internal speak and producing content that targets topics instead of specific keywords.
- AdSense for Web, AdMob for Apps – Google is drawing a distinction between AdSense and AdMob: AdSense will be for mobile web, AdMob for mobile apps.