- Google AdWords to Add Tablet Device Targeting (announced via email) – iPads and other tablets will soon be a separate option under Campaign Settings, alongside Desktop/Laptop Computer and iPhones/Mobile Devices.
- AdWords Location Targeting Gets More Advanced – Beginning today, you can choose to target or exclude your ads based on the user’s physical location or the location of interest (for example, the location-specific terms in their search queries).
- Keyword Domains to Become Less Important? – Googler Matt Cutts recently revealed in a video that Google may be altering the value of domains that include keywords.
- Yahoo Search Direct Takes on Google Instant by Providing Answers in the Search Box – Basically Yahoo’s version of Google Instant, but with richer content. Currently operating for 15 categories, but Yahoo plans on significant expansion.
- Google’s Collateral Damage – Great infographic detailing how the evolving algorithm has shaped the web.
- New Google Analytics Beta – New features include a new dashboard formatting and the ability to save multiple dashboards, updates to the custom reporting feature, word cloud visualizations and the ability to set events (with event tracking enabled) as goals.
- New Tool: Alert Site – Monitoring tool to check for broken pages, performance problems for every web page object. The tool also integrates with Google Analytics so you can see how your website performance affects traffic. Provides instant alerts when problems occur.
- Link Building with Photojournalism – We all know a picture can be worth a thousand words, but can it also be worth a thousand links?
- LinkedIn Hits 100 Million Members – Great infographic highlighting most represented companies, peak times for usage (9am and noon PST), and fastest growing countries
- Amazon Launches New Appstore – Amazon launches new Android app store with cool “test drive” feature. This is another great source to get feedback on your new app!
- How to Find Hidden SEO Opportunities on Twitter – Overview of how profile information, hashtags, vanity links, and Twitter lists can be used for search engine optimization.
- Tool Alert: Fan Gager – Measures brand engagement on Twitter and Facebook through open APIs to track social activity and brand engagement. Test it out!
Local Search Engine Optimization
- Fake Reviews Cost Real Money: Legacy Learning Systems – Legacy gets fined $250,000 by the Feds for generating fake reviews
- 7 Local Web Marketing Infographics to Overload Your Brain – Infographics on local deals, local mobile and more!
- How to Implement a Conversion Rate Optimization Process – Unbounce’s blog outlines 5 concrete steps (along with a visual!) of how to get into the invaluable world of conversion optimization and testing.
- Internet Users Rally Around Causes – Internet users are more likely to belong and participate to voluntary groups.
- Survey of Average Requirements for B2B Lead Qualification – Read how most B2B businesses determine whether or not new leads are “valid.” Most companies regard a properly filled out form as enough for a “valid” lead, but others are more specific.
- 3 Content Strategies for Targeting Decision Makers by Search Intent – Great article on how, using keyword research, B2B search marketers can craft campaigns and content specifically for managers, technologists and CIOs/CEOs.
- A Closer Look at Facebook Deals – While in limited testing release right now, Facebook Deals could be a major competitor to Groupon, LivingSocial, etc. Most notably, Deals will be broadcasted on the News Feed wall which could greatly drive sign-ups.
- Vidly – Optimize and Convert your videos automatically for different browsers and devices with vid.ly.
- 67% of Those Under 35 Use Smartphones While Shopping – The main activities aren’t surprising: comparing prices, finding stores, seeking deals and reading reviews.
- Mobile big at home, when watching TV, while running errands – Users are most likely to search on their mobile phones while at home or running errands. 32% also search more by phone than on a computer.