Anvil Account Executive Andy Lohr’s latest article in Search Marketing Insider give a very unique perspective of the things he wishes he knew back when he was an in-house search marketing manager. Seeing things from the agency-side of the world has helped to gain this clarity, and can hopefully help other search marketing managers.
5 Search Marketing Tips Andy Wishes He’d Known:
1. Quit trying to reconcile data.
2. Institute unified reporting.
3. Don’t be afraid to engage an agency. (Author’s Note: Particularly interesting, now that Andy works for an agency!)
4. Avoid design by committee.
5. Pay closer attention to specific competitor tactics.
For the details on all 5 tips, visit Andy’s post on Search Marketing Insider, “5 Search Engine Marketing Tips I Wish I’d Known”