I was sent this video from someone who has worked in the technology industry far longer than I have. It’s a powerful reminder of just how much technology has created a global business environment and how critical it is always be looking to the future and the next big thing. In recent years, we have seen changes arrive and impact the way we live faster then ever before.
Here are a few interesting nuggets that I pulled out of the video that should really get you and your business thinking about the future.
- 31 billion searches are performed a month on Google. In 2006, that number was a mere 2.7 billion.
- A weeks worth of the New York Times contains more information than a person was likely to come across in their entire lifetime in the 18th century.
- The amount of technical information out there is doubling every two years. For students starting a 4 year technical degree this means that half of what they learn their first year will be outdated by their third year.
- China will soon be the largest English speaking country.
- The 25% of India’s population with the highest IQ’s is greater than the total US Population.
I recommend taking a few minutes to watch the whole thing – which was played by Sony at their executive conference this year.