Happy Friday everyone! Welcome to our newest blog installment (a more robust interpretation of follow Friday if you will), showcasing those who get Twitter. Look for a new list every Friday to find the best in their niche. In honor of the Bite of Oregon this weekend, we thought we would start with Portland’s culinary experts who take time out of the kitchen to tweet. Or are really good multi-taskers.
Our criteria for this week: You offer something edible to the public, you’re in Portland, and you not only have a Twitter account, but use it frequently, engage with your followers or offer something unique! Kudos to these folks. And if you think we’ve accidentally overlooked you, please give yourself or a favorite restaurant of yours a shout out in the comments.
- Burgerville : A local favorite and Twitter heavyweight.
- Fire On The Mountain : The cult following of spicy wings has migrated to Twitter
- VooDoo Doughnuts : Mmmm Maple Bacon Bars
- Pok Pok : Could use some customization and engagement, but the food is so good I’ll let Twitter slide a little
- EaT Oyster Bar : A newer restaurant trying to build awareness
- Whiffies Food Cart : Show some food cart love.
- Vault Martini : Bring cocktails into the Twitter conversation
- Cafe Yumm : While based in Eugene, we’ll still include them on our list
- Belly Timber : Full transparency with a name behind the restaurant
- Carlyle : Great variety of content
Alright, there you have it. 10 of the best eateries on Twitter! Note: If you are a brewery or winery feeling left out, please don’t. You’ll get your own list one of these days soon so stay tuned!