Gyutae Park, of Winning the Web, has a great post today about online branding. I’m not going to butcher the post, but just want to highlight the seven steps to a “strong” online brand presence.
- Don’t focus on SEO and keywords alone. Make sure your site’s focus is on the visitors and their experience on your site. Then go back and optimize.
- Tie your brand to your niche or specialty and your core competency. Examples: Google = search; Xerox = copy; and Band-Aid = bandages. Keeping your brand niche also helps with #1.
- Stand for something. I couldn’t agree more and tell this to clients all the time. Tell visitors why they should buy from you over competitors.
- Looks matter. Get an updated site that’s attractive and looks professional. Don’t be cheap with your site.
- Credibility. Toot your horn on your site, telling visitors again, why they should buy from you because of third party validation.
- Get people talking and be in the conversation. Get on social media sites, not just once a month, but get in the conversation as much as you can.
- Get exposed. The more that people see your brand, the more likely they will be of remembering you and buying from you.